Today is Hari Bodhani Ekadashi ie the day of marriage of ‘Tulsi’ a religious valued herb. There is a tradition of marriage of Tulsi in every Hindu house.
Tulsi is used not only religiously but also as an herb. In Ayurveda, Tulsi is considered as a versatile medicine which has religious significance. We use it to keep ourselves healthy, from worshiping the basil full of virtues. Tulsi not only protects us during the winter but also during the summer.
Read why and how Tulsi is important :
- Eating juice of green leaf tulsi with thyme kills stomach lice.
- Add 1-10 leave of tulsi in a half a glass of boiling water and mix it with honey and drink it 3-4 times a day, treats common cold & cough.
- Filter juice of tulsi leaf with a clean cloth and put two drops in your ears, it will cure the pain of the ear.
- Apply tulsi leaf juice in place of spices and raisins, provides instant relief.
- Eating tulsi seeds or leaves mixed with cow’s milk will prevent diarrhea.
- Keeping boiling 1-20 leaves of tulsi in water and mix black salt in it. It will cure stomach cramps and indigestion.
- Rinse with tulsi’s leaf juice prevents blood flow from teeth and benefits diarrhea.
- For child’s stomach pain relief, mix tulsi’s leaf in boiling water then refer to drink 2 spoon twice a day.
- If your baby has a swollen stomach and diarrhea, it can be very beneficial if you eat tulsi’s leaf juice.